Learn how being overweight can puts you, your children, and family at risk for illness.
Medical analysts have proven that being overweight is a major cause of many ailments. Scientific proof has been given indicating how being overweight affects critical body controls. As of now, more than 40% of the population is considered overweight with approximately 45% of children overweight.
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases is a leading medical research organization and is actively pursuing 'Weight Loss' program amongst overweight and obese people. Doctors vouch for the fact that loss of weight can take care of 60% of the problem. The real issue is – How to lose weight?
The answer is simple. Balanced diet, stop binge eating, exercise regularly and go for intermediate medical checkups. This should be the simple four-step order for people from stopping them being overweight. A doctor would identify a person being overweight simply by checking the person's BMI. If the BMI is over 25, the person is considered overweight. Being overweight comes with its own set of risks to health. These problems are as follows:
- Being overweight causes Diabetes - It is a known fact that Overweight is due to excessive fat content in the body. This fat content disrupts the mechanism of insulin generation. This factor causes the person to suffer from diabetes. Diabetes is known to lead into other fatal ailments.
- Being overweight causes Heart Diseases - The excessive fat content in the body ensures irregularities in the blood circulation mechanism. This results in the person suffering from fatal heart ailments.
- Being overweight can cause Cancer - Top physicians have traced down the occurrence of cancer in some males and females to them being overweight. Being overweight can cause Uterus or Cervical cancer whereas in males, it can cause Prostrate or colon cancer.
- Being overweight causes Osteoarthritis – Being overweight means excessive fat content. The increased fat content places unnecessary pressure on the knee joints resulting in damage to the cartilage. This causes the person to suffer from Osteoarthritis. This could also lead to person getting a handicap for the rest of his life.
- Being overweight causes Gallbladder issues. – Medical analysts are exploring the possibility of Overweight causing issues to the Gall bladder though it has been proven that being overweight can cause urinary infections. Some cases having gallbladder stones have been identified as being overweight.
- Doctors have identified the mentioned diseases resulting from being overweight. A recent article in a leading daily mentions that an average US adult could go overweight by the age of 40. Contact us for details on the latest statistics on Obesity and Overweight.
Being overweight is dangerous with all the risks associated with it. A physician would always advise a person to be on normal weight at all times. Doctors know the risks associated with a person being overweight. Doctors prefer having no patients at all rather than treating an overweight case--it is very difficult, and offen less successful, to administer treatment for an overweight patient. For these reasons, and more, it is vital for overweight people to get help.
Beat obesity, find a personal trainer for motivation, injury prevention, greater strength & safe weight loss. If you are overweight or obese learn how you can develop a safe and effective exercise program that will help you to reduce your risk for certain diseases, illness, and disorders.