Find a Local Personal Trainer or Group Instructor—by Zip Code.
A personal trainer is an exercise or fitness professional with the knowledge, education, and experience to offer instruction, advice, and assistance in the areas of exercise and fitness. A personal trainer begins working with a client by evaluating, assessing, and qualifying any risk factors for illness, disease or disorders.
Each clients is interviewed to gather important details about the individual’s health history, family health history, personal needs, obstacles, goals, and expectations. Upon discover of a risk factor, a personal trainer will advise a client to seek medical guidance or clearance before beginning a new exercise or diet program. With the help and support of the client’s medical doctor, a personal trainer can devise a simple plan to help a client become stronger, safely, and with great efficacy.
Personal Trainer Assessment & Selection
Personal trainers are responsible for assessing a client’s needs, goals, and limitations in order to design a responsible exercise program that will focus on various areas of physical health including muscular strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular fitness (strength and conditioning), flexibility, stress reduction, and body composition.
- Muscular Strength - refers to a muscle's ability to generate force against physical objects. In the fitness world, this typically refers to how much weight you can lift for different strength training exercises.
- Muscular Endurance - the ability of a muscle or group of muscles to sustain repeated contractions against a resistance for an extended period of time.
- Cardio Fitness - refers to the ability of your heart, lungs and organs to consume, transport and utilize oxygen.
- Flexibility - a joint's ability to move through a full range of motion. Flexibility training (stretching) helps balance muscle groups that might be overused during exercise or physical activity or as a result of bad posture.
- Stress Reduction - the act of relieving stress and changing for the better, especially chronic stress.
- Body Composition - The ratio of lean body mass to body fat mass. Essential fat is necessary for normal physiological functioning (e.g., nerve conduction). Storage fat constitutes the body's fat reserves, the body fat people should lose.
What can you expect from a good personal trainer?
A good personal trainer will have many years of experience. A qualified personal trainer will have created a lengthy list of people who have succeeded in improving their fitness goals. The average ‘good’ trainer serves hundreds of people a year in some capacity. There are a variety of fitness services offered by a personal trainer to match their client’s needs, goals, limitations, and budget. Personal trainers offer their services based on hourly scheduling and consulting. A good personal trainer will detail and implement a training schedule based purely on the client’s personal needs, limitations, and goals.
How expensive is personal training?
Good question. Qualified personal trainers are in high demand. Personal training rates do vary depending on the market, trainer skill level, demand, and specific requirements of each personal training session. Most specialized personal trainers charge as much as one-hundred dollars or more per fitness training session. Trainers with lesser experience or doing business in smaller markets may charge as little as thirty or fifty dollars per session. If your personal trainer is equipped with professional tools to provide solutions to your needs it is easy to justify session rates accordingly. If a local trainer commutes to your home or work for training sessions expect fuel and added time charges. If exercising in a quality commercial studio, you can expect to pay accordingly. Commercial studio rent is quite expensive, but does offer a professional environment in which you can use the very best of exercise equipment and tools commercial settings offer.
Find a local personal trainer or group fitness instructor for motivation, injury prevention, greater strength & safe weight loss. Search for local trainers by zip code.